The Tamron 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 Aspherical DI II IF SP (Tamron part# B001S is an ultra-wide-angle zoom lens for Sony Alpha A-Mount Digital cameras with APS-C sized sensors. It's one of the widest lenses available for the format. The 10-24mm offers the ability to take in broad expansive scenes and also focus super close for shots with unique and exaggerated forced perspective. The Tamron 10-24mm is an ideal lens for photographing landscapes, travel, architecture, and indoor spaces with environment encompassing views that tell the whole story; it's also a very handy option for a photojournalists navigating crowds
Up close the 10-24mm is able to increase the size of subjects for a striking impression of three-dimensionality that expand the space between foreground and background. The 10-24mm will stretch objects more as they approach the edges of the frame, but it uses a rectilinear optical configuration to renders straight lines so there's far less curvature than a fisheye lens design.
The lens is part of Tamron's SP (Superior Performance) series of lenses. SP lenses prioritize capabilities and exacting standards over other factors. The lens is also part of Tamron's Di II (Digitally Integrated Design II) line of lenses. Di II lenses have optics designed specifically for the unique challenges and performance characteristics of 24x16mm sized digital sensors such as increased pixel density and sensor reflectivity.
The 10-24mm's well corrected fully multicoated lens formulation leverages Tamron's considerable expertise in Aspherical lens manufacturing with 4 Aspherical elements (one High Precision Molded Aspheric and three Hybrid Aspheric elements) as well as employing two Anomalous Dispersion elements to combat optical abberations. The internal focus design permits close focusing to a distance of just 9.4inches at any zoom setting.
- Ultrawide zoom for Sony Alpha
- Equivalent to a 16-37mm lens in 35mm format
- Designed exclusively for APS-C and 24x16mm size sensors
- For Sony A-Mount
- Di II (Digitally Integrated Design II) optics optimized for higher pixel density and sensor reflectance
- High quality optical design with 12 elements in 9 groups
- 3 Hybrid Aspheric elements
- 1 High-Precision Molded Aspheric element
- 2 AD (Anomalous Dispersion) elements
- Fully multicoated optics preserve contrast while reducing reflections & glare
- Great color, contrast and clarity
- Circular aperture diaphragm (7 rounded blades)
- IF (Internal Focus) design and non-rotating filter ring
- BIM (Built In Motor) micromotor autofocus
- Close focuses to 0.24m (9.4in) through entire all zoom range
- Allows dramatic ultra-wide angle perspective
- Black textured finish
- Weighs only 406g (14.3oz)
- Uses 77mm filters
Available accessories include: AB001 reversible petal style bayonet lens hood, 77mm filters, spare caps.