The Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Aspherical Macro DI IF LD (model A09N) is a fast aperture medium zoom range lens for Nikon F mount DSLR cameras. The lens is part of Tamron's DI (Digitally Integrated Design) line of lenses. DI lenses have optics adapted for the unique challenges and performance characteristics of digital sensors such as increased resolution and sensor reflectivity. The 28-75mm is designed to cover full 35mm frame format sensors where it offers a zoom range spanning from moderately wide angle at the 28mm focal length to the start of the portrait lens range at it's 75mm focal length.
The f/2.8 maximum aperture is constant throughout full the zoom range, makes shooting in challenging available lighting conditions possible, and allows significant background blur. Bright f/2.8 aperture zooms like this one are the go-to general purpose choice of most working professional photographers. In the past, comparable lenses weighed 2 pounds with 77mm diameter fronts. In the 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Tamrons engineers have quite notably found a way to adeptly use XR (Extra Refractive Index) and LD (Low Dispersion) glass elements in optical arrangements that maintain high image quality while reducing the size and weight of the design considerably. The 28-75mm f/2.8 XR weighs-in at a svelt 510g (1.12lbs) and uses 67mm filters, a revolutionary feat!
The Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 XR is a superb versatile general purpose lens and it travels well thanks to it's excellent form factor. It's a great option for Nikon users wanting high quality images and flexibility without being weighed down unnecessarily.
- Superior Performance medium zoom range lens
- For Nikon F mount
- Covers full 35mm frame format
- Versatile zoom goes from wide angle to the start of the portrait range
- Di (Digitally Integrated Design) optics for digital sensors
- Bright f/2.8 constant maximum aperture
- Revolutionary compact form factor, smallest and lightest in it's class
- 2 XR (Extra Refractive Index) elements
- 3 LD (Low Dispersion) glass elements
- 4 Aspherical lens elements
- Circular aperture diaphragm (7 blades)
- Gear drive focus (requires camera with built-in AF motor)
- IF (Internal Focus) design and non-rotating filter ring
- Close focus to 0.33m (13in)
- Maximum magnification of 1:3.9 at 75mm focal length
- Zoom lock switch prevents barrel extension while carrying
- Weighs only 510g (1.12lbs)
- Uses 67mm filters
- Mechanical aperture control allows use on broad range of cameras and adapters
Available accessories include the petal style bayonet lens hood and 67mm filters.