The M-D Type 262 is a interchangeable lens digital rangefinder camera by Leica that notably lacks a monitor. The M-D Typ 262 fully embraces a minimalist design tradition by eschewing the unnecessary distraction of an LCD screen. Still image shooting at it's best is about capturing decisive moments. Sans monitor a photographer inevitably focuses solely on being in the moment. Either you got the shot or you didn't, worry about the next shot instead, edit later.
Leica cameras are world renowned for the second to none craftsmanship. With it's compact yet solid metal construction, weather sealing, heritage inspired back ISO dial, frame-line preview level, and a purist pleasing finder that encourages situational awareness the M-D Typ 262 exemplifies Leica's iconic photographic tradition.
- Compact discrete digital rangefinder for photographic purists
- 24 MegaPixel (5976?3992) full frame 35mm CMOS sensor
- Select ISOs from 200 to 6,400 on beautiful back dial
- Legendary Leica M-Mount
- Reads 6-bit coded lenses for additional for optimized settings & correction
- Lack of AA (Anti-Aliasing) filter maximizes detail definition
- Low noise shutter re-cocking motor
- Quiet operation in S (Single) shot mode
- C (Continous) shot mode shooting at up to 3fps
- TTL (Through The Lens) ambient and flash metering
- Large bright .68x magnification viewfinder with parallax correction
- Six frame lines fors 35/135mm, 28/90mm, 50/75mm
- Frame line preview lever
- 1/180s flash sync speed, first or rear curtain sync, TTL Hot shoe, HSS (High Speed Sync) with compatible Leica flashes
- SDXC memory card slot
- Classic elegant Leica design
- Rugged metalbody with durable textured grip surface on front and entire back
Available accessories include: BP-SCL2 Rechargeable Battery, BC-SCL2 Battery Charger, SF 26 Flash, Leica M Mount lenses.