The Nikkor 18-135mm F/3.5-5.6 G Aspherical ED IF DX AF-S is an all in-one zoom lens for Nikon DX format digital SLR cameras. It covers a convenient zoom range that starts at wide angle and goes all the way through the classic portrait lens focal lengths. Optimized to draw full potential from high-resolution DX-format image sensors, it delivers beautiful ultra-sharp photos and videos with softly blurred backgrounds. The lens can also focus as close as 1.5 feet for macro photography usage.
The 18-135mm has an internal focus design, a metal lens mount, and is well balanced. The zoom range covers an equivalent field of view to what a 28-200mm lens would produce on a full frame camera. It's a versatile practical combination for general photography. If you're looking for a good grab-and-go lens (the kind you'd keep on your camera for nearly every situation) the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED is a great choice.
The Nikon 18-135mm was originally released in 2008 positioned as a mid-tier DX lens that's a step-up from more basic 18-55mm lenses. This 18-135mm is a good option for those who want a lens with a bit more reach without the expense of a Nikon 18-140mm, Nikon 18-200mm, or Nikon 18-300mm lenses.
- Compact 7.5x zoom with optics designed and optimized specifically for DX format sensors
- Zoom range covers telephoto, portrait, standard, and wide angle focal lengths
- ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass element and two aspheric elements help minimize chromatic aberration and distortion
- Nikon SIC (Super integrated Coating) multi-layer anti reflective coated optics for maximum contrast and vivid colors
- IF (Internal Focus) design
- Fast AF-S SWM (Silent Wave Motor) provides fast and quiet autofocus
- Compatible with all Nikon D series digital SLR cameras
Available accessories inclue the HB-32 Bayonet Lens Hood, CL-0915 Flexible Lens Pouch, and 67mm size filters