The AF Micro Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D is a macro lens designed for Nikon 35mm film SLR cameras and digital SLR camera cameras. The lens continues the tradition of excellent Micro Nikkor optics by delivering superbly sharp close-up and macro images all the way up to full life-size (1:1 reproduction ratio) without any additional enhancement needed.
This versatile macro lens provides continuous autofocus from infinity to life-size (1:1). With its wide focusing range, the AF Micro Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D is not limited to extreme close-up photography; in addition to close-up and low distortion copy work it's a great general photography lens. It works well on both Full Frame FX format and DX format bodies. When used on a DX format body the a field of view is equivalent to using a 90mm lens on a Full Frame camera, perfect for portraits.
Whether you're photographing paintings at the studio, specimens at the lab, flowers in the yard, collectibles in the garage, baby hands in the crib, pet paws on the couch, landscapes or even portraits you'll be amazed at the level of detail you can capture. The Nikon 60mm f/2.8D is a high quality lens that any photographer will enjoy using.
Originally released in 1993 the micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8 D is a update of the very similar micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8 (Nikon USA part# 1991) that adds a D type chip to convey distance information to compatible cameras for improved flash metering accuracy. In 2008 the Nikon 60mm f/2.8 G (Nikon USA part# 2177) was released as a replacement with a built-in focus motor but the 60mm f/2.8D remains a very popular choice due it's compatibility with more cameras, excellent performance, and greater affordability.
- Compact versatile Micro-Nikkor macro lens with broad range of applications
- Optimized for detailed close-up photography
- 1:1 lifesize reproduction ratio fills frame with subjects the size of your sensor
- Close focus distance of 8.7 inches (.22m) unaugmented
- Close Range Correction ensures sharpest images at all distances
- Normal focal length on FX format
- Portrait focal length on DX format (equivalent to 90mm)
- Highly corrected optical design delivers sharp images with outstanding contrast color and low distortion
- SIC (Super Integrated Coating) multilayer anti-reflective coating
- Focus limit switch redues autofocus seek time
- Focus scale marked with reproduction ratios
- Useable with extension tubes and close-up filters for even greater magnification
- Uses popular 62mm size filters
- Mechanical Aperture control allows use on widest possible range of bodies and adapters
Available accessories include the HN-22 Lens Hood, CL-32S Case, extension tubes, and 62mm filters.