The Pentax K-3 II is a rugged 24.35 MP APS-C camera featuring the Prime III image processing engine designed for the Pentax K-Mount system.
The Pentax K-3 II is fully weather-sealed and cold-proof magnesium alloy camera featuring a high-resolution 24.35 MP filterless APS-C CMOS sensor with the Prime III processing engine. This allows a native ISO up to 51,200 and over 8 fps shooting. The mechanical shutter ranges from 30s to 1/8000s with an EV compensation to +/- 5EV.
Working on the renowned Pentax sensor-shift type Shake Reduction (SR) system, the K-3 II allows shooting with up to 4.5-EV of reduced camera-shake, yaw, pitch, and roll as well as vertical and horizontal motion of the camera. To increase clarity, reduce moir?, and noise, the AA-filterless sensor also has the ability of Pixel Shift Resolution, capturing full color data on each pixel for more true color.
The Pentax K-3 II has improved the autofocus system with the SAFOX 11 AF system. With 27 phase detection focus points (25 cross-type) and luminance sensors designed to detect the light flux of an F2.8 lens, the camera excels in difficult lighting situations. Metering is accomplished by the 86k-pixel RGB sensor that allows for multi-segment, center-weighted and spot metering. The metering is sensitive to a range down to EV -3.
The rear LCD is a 3.2" monitor is an air-gapless design with 1,037k dot resolution. The monitor displays focus peaking, face detection, and compositional aides. The viewfinder is a traditional pentaprism with 100% coverage.
Full 1920 x 1080 HD video is captured at 60i, 50i, 30p, 25p, and 24p, using H.264 compression. Switching to 1280 x 720 HS video, the camera supports 60p, 50p, 30p, 25p, and 24p frame rates. Paired with the impressive line-up of the Pentax K-mount lens system, this camera can meet all your photographic and video needs.
- AA filter free 24M CMOS image sensor
- PRIME III Imaging Engine
- 3.2-inch air gapless LCD monitor
- Pixel Shift Resolution
- SAFOX 11's 27-point (25 cross-type points) AF system
- High-magnification (approx. 0.95x: 50mm F/1.4 ∞), bright optical viewfinder
- Dual SD Memory Card slots
- ISO 100-51,200
- 8.3fps high-speed drive
- 1/8000 sec. high-speed shutter
- 86,000 pixel RGB metering sensor
- Advanced SR Shake Reduction
- Exposure compensation ±EV
- Built-in GPS (GPS Log/Electronic Compass)
- Astronomical tracking with ASTROTRACER
- Digital Filters + High-Dynamic Range
- Full HD 1080p movies
- Magnesium alloy casing and metallic chassis
- Dust proof and weather-resistant
- Operation assured down to -10?C