Sony 70-400mm f/4-5.6 G SSM II A-Mount Autofocus Lens, White 
The 70–400 mm F4–5.6 G SSM II (Sony part# SAL70400G2) is a top-of-the-line telephoto super-zoom for Sony A-Mount α (Alpha) DSLR and DSLT Cameras. It's a full frame coverage lens that's also useable on Sony E-Mount mirrorless cameras via various Sony LA-EA mount adapters (E format: LA-EA1 or LA-EA2, FE format: LA-EA3 or LA-EA4). An ideal choice for a range of medium to long-distance telephoto shots, this Sony G Series lens delivers images of incredible richness and clarity thanks to expert implementation of advanced optical and mechanical technologies.
The G2 or version II was introduced in 2013 as a updated replacement for the very successful (nearly identical other than color) original Sony 70-400mm F/4-5.6 G SSM. The version II has everything people love about the first version but also notable upgrades: a faster more responsive AF system (thanks to a new LSI processor) and Sony's state of the art Nano AR Coating (nano structure anti-reflective coating) which is able to dramatically reduce flare and ghosting (by more evenly transmitting light at wider incident angles to the optical surface). The version II is white and the version I is silver.
The 70–400 mm F4–5.6 G SSM II is an ideal lens for outdoor sports action, wildlife, portraiture, compressed landscapes, and more. Covering an extremely broad telephoto range, this award-winning lens can, take you from an close 70mm portrait to a stunning 400mm action shot in an instant without having to change lenses and potentially miss the moment for a great shot. If you're looking for big lens performance plus extra framing versatility in a reasonably portable package the SAL70400G2 is a great choice.
- G series (pro grade) telephoto super zoom
- Sony A (α Alpha) Mount
- Full Frame 35mm format coverage
- 105-600mm equivalent on APS-C
- Outstanding contrast, clarity, & color
- Two ED (Extra low Dispersion) elements
- Nano AR Coating
- Internal Focus Design
- Ultra-fast SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor) autofocus drive
- Full time Manual focus override
- 3 Position Focus Mode/Limit switch: AF Full, AF ∞-3m, MF
- 3 Focus Hold buttons on barrel
- Close focuses to 1.5m (4.93ft)
- 9 blade circular aperture for smoother background transitions
- Rotating removable tripod collar
- Dust and moisture resistant construction
- Uses the popular 77mm filter size
Available accessories include: ALC-SH121 reversible bayonet lens hood (or ALC-SH107 in Silver), 77mm filters, caps.
|Autofocus (lens motor)
|Sony A & Minolta A
|Telephoto / Long
|Max Focal Length
|Min Focal Length