The Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 AIS is Nikon's top of the line manual focus 50mm lens. It's an incredibly bright lens that offers superb image quality and sharpness. The ultra fast f/1.2 maximum aperture is the brightest available from any Nikkor Lens (as of 2017). This lens is outstanding for any sort of available-light shooting as well as general photography. When used on compatible DX format cameras the 50mm offers a field of view equivalent to a 75mm lens transforming it into an ultra fast f/1.2 portrait lens.
The Nikon 50mm f/1.2 AIS been in available since 1981. It's a step-up from the Nikon 50mm f/1.4 AIS and similar manual focus lenses. This AIS version (Nikon USA part# 1435) replaced the previous AI model and uses a 9 blade aperture in place of the previous model's 7 blade aperture. While not quite as highly corrected for coma as the extremely rare and considerably more expensive Noct-Nikkor 58mm f/1.2 AI and Noct-Nikkor 58mm f/1.2 AIS, it's still a popular practical option for low light shooters.
- Top tier ultra-bright manual focus normal lens
- Provides brightest possible viewing, even under dim light conditions
- Amazing background blur possible at f/1.2
- Classic Nikon color coded depth of field scale
- Infra-red focus mark
- Uses the popular 52mm filter size
- Mechanical aperture control allows use on broad range of cameras
Available accessories include the HR-2 and HS-12 lens hoods, the CL-34A and CL-31S lens cases, and 52mm filters.